Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just 2 more weeks of Summer - Please??!!


Being that I am a proud native Pacific Northwestern(er) you would think I can take the rain in stride.

Let's me give you a weather update for this past week.
Sunday I woke to the sound of wind driven rain on our windows. Followed by more rain after getting up and then dodging big raindrops going to church and more rain on the way home from church. Going to sleep with the sound of more rain. I don't think it stopped raining on Sunday at all. Only to be followed the rest of the week with (you guessed it) more rain. Not always a down pour, but sprinkles, rain showers, etc. Let's put it this way, only in the Pacific NW can you have different words to mean, it is raining.
Fall is definitely in the air here!
Really I want just another week or maybe even two weeks of glorious sunshine! I'm not asking for to much, am I? My tomatoes need a bit more sunshine (they are still green, green , green), so a little sunshine would help them too. I think I need just a little more vitamin D to get me through the winter. After all, it's Labor Day weekend with people having their last Summer BBQ & picnic, and sunshine is a great ingredient for a successful, fun time.
Well, I suppose I will check the weather forecast to see if I need to pack an umbrella for any outings for the weekend. Wait, do I own a umbrella? You know I am from the Pacific Northwest.
Embrace the liquid sunshine (that means rain)! Yes, embrace it because I will have the rain until late Spring. Unless I get my way of a week or two more of sunshine.
Rain = Green

5 comments:

Ande said...

Donna,

I agree we need a bit more summer...vitamin D (or I should just be honest and say a tan) is essentail for me to get by in the winter! (If you don't believe me think of me skipping out on lunch with you ladies so I could lay on the trampoline.) I love you blog! Thanks for posting so often! It helps people like Cali and I! Thanks for the good read this morning!

Musicmom-Amy said...

I couldn't agree with you more!! At least I missed a week of the wet stuff when I was in Utah but the shock to my system was intense :D We could hope for an Indian summer?!

Nicole said...

I would trade you a week of rain for a week of sunshine but I don't think the weather gods would being willing to help me. Or you could just come visit me I am pretty sure I will have sunshine.

tina said...

Yeah, I don't own an umbrella. I grew up in the Olympic National (Rain) Forest. I do believe it is officially a rain forest, the only non-tropical one in the world! I left the rain years ago when I left for college and didn't go back - couldn't handle it. I don't like to get wet when I don't want to - how annoying! :) It was raining on my son's birthday, August 9th - what is up with that!? It did stop long enough for the kids to swim, but it was still windy. I vote for SUN and 80 degrees would be about right.

Tif said...

Salem. Move to Salem. We've had an AWESOME summer, and it's still going! This past week we've had rain, but that's the only rain since June, pretty much!

Plus, all the awesomest people are moving down here...