****Warning Long Post*****
Our journey started while the girls were home for a long weekend. First stop was visiting the Vancouver LDS Open House.
Played games, visited and cleaned out the front hall closet (this is the closet with all the coats that belong to everyone and didn't want to get rid of perfectly good coats without approval of all involved).
Then Nicole and Rayme flew to Las Vegas for Nicole to go back to work and Rayme to attend training. But they can't leave without Michelle and me, so we joined them in Las Vegas the next day.
We usually are not the typical Las Vegas tourist, but this time we did some of the tourist attractions. We walked the strip to enjoy the bright lights and the different hotel attractions (interesting place to people watch). The Mirage Hotel has the volcano action going on (which is kind of funny since a real volcano was raising such a ruckus in the other parts of the world.)
Watched the fountains at the Bellagio and the beautiful flower displays.
Since the Country Music Awards were in Las Vegas, a free concert was offered on Freemont Street. We got there to claim our spots to watch some of the country music favorites. Ok - I need to admit I really do like a wide variety of music, but I am not the best at knowing band names or names of songs, etc. So when our friends and the girls were talking about the well known bands and artist playing I really didn't have a clue. The girls assured me that I would know who they were and would start singing the songs until I would recognize them. As you can see from the pictures there quite a few people there. Did I mention that we stood there for a long time and all the while trying to keep our flip flops from be permanently fixed to the ground. The bands we saw were Emily West, Danny Gokey and Lady Antebellum. As you can see we were pretty close.
On to our next adventure to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Now we were warned that we would have to venture down some gravel road, so we weren't to surprise that the sign pointed down the gravel road. What we didn't know is that we missed the turn and took the long way there (we called it the scenic route). This side of the Grand Canyon has the glass walkway to goes over the canyon. (Just for the record the blonde in the picture is Heidi - Nicole best friend.)
It's not the destination it is all about the Journey.
1 comment:
that was a fun journey! I love the picture of me looking over the edge. if you could see on the other side I am about 6 feet from the edge.
Post a Comment