Saturday, July 18, 2009

Updating My Blog

Apparently, I have at least a couple of people that read my blog, and it's time to update my blog unless I want Nicole to hack into my blog again. I want to let you know that I really don't think that she actually "hacked" into my blog, when she is the one that assisted me in setting up my blog.
Let me start with Memorial Day.

The cemetery that is around the corner from our home displays over 1300 American flags all through the lanes of the cemetery. It is a very awesome feeling and helps me reflect what Memorial Day really means. Of course, Memorial Day also is the unofficial start of the summer season and a picnic is definitely in order and we meet up with a group of friends at Semiahmoo County Park.
My next weekend is over to the other side of the mountains to help celebrate Megan's graduation. I can't believe that she is all grown up!

Of course since I have a few friends on the Eastside and had a great time meeting up with some of them for a scrapbook garage sale, breakfast and some scrapbooking fun! Since it was my birthday weekend Jane made a some yummy cake.
That brings me up to my birthday - Rayme is a very creative guy. Who else can say that their husband gave them a week full of surprises - one surprise for the number of years I am. Just to mention a few - a homemade coupon book to include a car wash, dishing up ice cream, and if he was on the computer and I wanted/needed it he would gladly give to me without waiting.
To keep up with my fly every month this year - I went with my friend Dawn to AZ for a few days. We had fun in the sun, with her daughters and her precious little granddaughter, shopping, late night swims, and cute pedicures.
Sandy and I went on a scrapbook field trip that took us south and moved up north the I-5 corridor to our favorite scrapbook stores (we found a good one in Kent). We called our friend Anita to meet us. It was a fun filled day!

Moving right into July - my next flight takes me to Las Vegas to see Nicole! It was over 4th of July weekend. (Keeping up on my fly every month so far.) We had a fun weekend shopping, eating, movie going, scrapbooking - circle journals and Heidi's (Nicole's friend/roommate) class memory books. Nicole bought a new love seat so that was delivered while I was there, so furniture moving was included in the weekend.

Another fun filled day was with Sandy & Sonja was going to Marine Park in search sea glass. It was a bright sunny warm day (a perfect day at the beach). We enjoyed some nice cool refreshing Italian sodas - mmmm. These girls have opened a whole new world with the coffee stands, who knew there was so many yummy beverages that don't contain coffee.

I think that brings the few of you that read my blog up to date. It seems that it takes longer to update your blog when there has been a long time between blogs. I think it would be easier to update it on a more regular basis.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Oh Donna, you're so funny! But what I want to know is how in the world do you get so much vacation? I need a job like that! I had fun when you and Sandy came down to Kent scrapbook store shopping! But I need to point out that you went south on I-5!!! Can't wait to see you in a few months - maybe we'll hook up before that!

Darla said...

You are back!!!! I've missed you!!!