Monday, July 20, 2009

The Adventures of Wal-Mart

Michelle and I were at Wal-Mart shopping making our selections and then on the frozen foods aisle was a young man in his 20's sporting a knit cap (it is 80+ degrees outside) with his headphones on with his accessory of a bandanna over this face (wearing like you would to rob a store way). And I should add that the his color of choice was all black. Let's just use the word "scary". After he made his selection from the freezer he didn't bother to shut the door, and I would say he used a little more force opening it than was necessary. Of course, he got a few looks in his direction.
Then Michelle and I had a discussion about what would we do if we were held hostage in a Wal-Mart store. Michelle thought if we were in the middle of the hostage situation we must have bad luck. My thinking was to first hide and if that wasn't an option keep an eye on the situation until you could take over the bad guys.
Then we finish our shopping, and off to the check stand and who do we get behind? Yep, the scary looking guy.
I have my plan in mind - I kept my distant (not to close, not to far away - I don't want him to smell fear), and I have my shopping cart as my defense and I stand behind my cart with a ready stance. The plan is if he decides to hold up the cashier, I was going to ram him as hard as I could and take him by surprise, and pin him down if necessary.
I am happy to report that I didn't have to use my cart as a weapon, and I made my purchases without any confrontation.
Another Wal-Mart shopping adventure.

4 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

This completely rivals hiding under the desk at work that you told us about.

Your bravery inspires me :)

Musicmom-Amy said...

Always an adventure at Wal-Mart :D

Anita said...

You could always quit shopping at Walmart where they scarey people hang out!

Amanda said...

haha i can picture you and michelle taking out the bad walmart guy. you would be on the front page of the herald!