Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's time for another update!

Our vacation started with a surprise
for the guys to a Mariners game.

It is little hard to keep it a surprise when Rayme didn't want to bring a jacket (after all we don't need jackets in Mexico) and then proceeded to take the stadium blankets out of the car to make room. I finally convinced him he might need a jacket and the blankets can stay in the car. It was a fun game and the Mariners won the game! Go Mariners!!

We make it to Puerto Vallarta without any issues, OK maybe I should warn anyone that goes to Mexico about the timeshare vultures. Man, I thought I made it through without being enticed to their cunning ways, little did I realized that Rayme, Marc & Vaughn were nabbed behind me. Dang, they have them. The question - do I move forward without them or go back and save them? Of course, I go back but I don't save them I get sucked in too. We did get some fun excursions that we did enjoy later in the week.

We finally get to the resort - it is

huge!!!

Then onto finding our rooms and

this is what our view was.

It was beautiful!









My favorite time was at sunset and every night we would decide where we wanted to eat. My vote was always to go to the restaurants by the beach.

Some of the excursions we enjoyed was a trip to Yelapa. The only way to get there is by boat. We had a wonderful boat ride and even spotted some huge Manarays. It took us a little while to figure out the two fins thingy out of the water. Process of eliminations we figured it out.

Here is a picture of Vaughn para sailing, and Yelapa.





Here is Rayme on the zip line.
Rayme, Marc & Vaughn had a blast on this adventure.
The reason you don't see a picture with me is I didn't go. A few days before we left for our vacation I was sick with vertigo (spinning) and the instructions included that if you have vertigo you would not be allowed to go. Plus I already experience enough spinning for the week.
This was a very relaxing vacation. Most of my decisions is where I want to lay by the pool or go the beach. Ahhh - it was paradise.
Thanks Marc & Vaughn for coming with us on another great vacation! You are awesome travel companions.
More wonderful memories were made.
Rayme and I celebrated our 28th Wedding Anniversary this trip. I am very lucky to have a great traveling buddy that doesn't mind carrying my bags. I tip him well.
I probably should let you know that all of us returned home healthly - no swine flu here.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Wow, Donna, what a beautiful resort. I'm glad you had such a good time.

Happy Anniversary to you and Rayme. You are "very lucky to have a great traveling buddy that doesn't mind carrying (your) bags"! I'm glad you tip him well. (I was going to say something about cellophane and bows [because all your gifts are beautifully packaged] but somehow it just sounds wrong no matter how I word it.)

I'm glad you had such a good time.

Nicole said...

I love the picture of Dad his face is great!