Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have opportunities to serve in different positions (callings). Since our ministry isn't paid, we all help out. Let me make it clear we don't have a sign up sheet asking for help in Sunday School or working with the youth,etc. Callings are issued with great thought and prayer and are inspired. (Sometimes I think maybe desperation, but I know better.)
Well, I have a new calling - Stake Young Women's Secretary!
Previously I have held callings within the Young Women's organization since my girls where little, and even in the Stake YW. But it has been about 10 years since I have worked with the young women. I have forgotten how busy the youth are. I think in the week or so, I have been to about 3-4 different events, and about that many more are planned for the next week.
If you remember a previous post about being in my PJ's by 6:00 - no more! Maybe we can plan an activity including wearing your favorite PJ's??!!
I am excited about this new calling, and the wonderful women that I will get to serve with. My observation is that people that serve with the youth tend to be more young at heart too. Do you think this is my way of not growing up?
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you feel the breeze with my hand flying up so quickly to sustain you? :D I'm so excited for you! You'll have a wonderful time with all the Youth & YW.
I have never been in YW - never. I have less than 15 years of church membership and really only nearly 8 as a married person, so chances are, I'll get my turn in YW. It seems so fun to stay youthful and playful! I do like RS though. I loved the broadcast; it was fabulous.
You'll be wonderful. I can't think of someone with better suited talents.
Go, Donna, go.
Post a Comment