Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Victoria Weekend

A couple weekends ago we went to Victoria with our friends, and had a great time! Whenever I go on a ferry I think I pretend it is a cruise ship (even though the only similiarities are they are usally going somewhere fun and they float). As we were on our way we played a friendly guys against the girls "Hand & Foot" card game. It is one of my favorite card games, but you really need to have at least 6 - 8 people to really have fun.

We started in Victoria by checking out Victoria's inner harbor area. Here is Dan, Cheryle, Lloyd, Dawn & Rayme. I didn't know that Victoria is known for being the Garden City, and after our weekend I can see why. Then we were off to Butchart Gardens to see the beautiful flowers and gardens. I haven't been to the gardens since I was a kid, and I am sure that I didn't have the appreciation I do now. I took tons of pictures! Even the trash cans were beautiful with flowers.




We managed to get the guys to pose for this picture!

Enjoyed some celtic music at the gardens too. We discovered that with this band when it gets closer to the end of the song tempo goes faster and faster. Tried to give the guys some cultural.


What would a trip be to Victoria if you didn't go to The Empress Hotel? We visited the Parliment Building, and it has so many stained glass windows and very ornamental detail woodwork. We took a double decker bus tour around the city and stopped by Craigdarroch Castle. So much to see!

Charles and Beth - another couple was suppose to join us, but couldn't at the last minute.


They were missed!

Another trip on less than a tank of gas, and alot of fun!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

MOM, great pictures of your trip, I like that you took a pic of the trash can. Also, I laughed out loud at the totem ploe pic! That is truly classic! Fun trip!
Love,
Nicole

Heather @ Multiple Hats said...

This looks like SOOOOO much fun! It's great that you make time to do fun things with your friends. I haven't played Hand N Foot in so long - now I have a hankering to play it on our next camping trip! Thanks for sharing your good times.

Amanda said...

i LOVE that garden! i guess i'll have to convince the powers that be that we need to go there! haha. very pretty pictures!

Musicmom-Amy said...

What a fun trip!!