Friday, August 15, 2008

Life Lessons


This is when I wish that I was an eloquent writer, but since I am not I will do my best.

Last week I gave a lesson in Relief Society and the lesson title was “Words of Hope and Consolation at the Time of Death”. Little did I know that I would be reviewing this lesson so soon after giving it.

It was with sadness that I received news that my scrapbook retreat buddy Cynthia passed away suddenly.

Cynthia was always the leader at our retreats completing the most pages. She was always willing to share tips and her friendship with us. Cynthia will surely be missed at our retreats, but she will always be remembered in our fond memories.

I know that we shared the same belief that when we die, we have great comfort in knowing that we will meet again in the world to come. This gives me hope!

My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and family.

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Donna, I thought this was simply eloquent. Your heart has a way of coming through your words.

Musicmom-Amy said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. You expressed your thoughts beautifully.