Sunday, August 24, 2008

Friends Celebration Weekend

My weekend actually started on Thursday.

The reason I traveled to the eastside of the mountains was to attend a funeral of one of my scrapbooking friends, and to attend a play. (I blogged about her in an earlier blog.) Since the funeral service was early Friday, I decided that I would drive over on Thursday to visit with some of my eastside friends. I am always greeted by Deb with open arms and on this visit it wasn't anything different. Deb is one of my friends that I can confide in and always know that it won't go any further and it doesn't change her feelings toward me. Thank you Deb for everything. Then it is off to see my friend Kim that recently moved over to the eastside - I really miss her!


I finally get to see my dear friend Jane, she is so positive and creative. I love our chats. She makes me feel so special! Thank you for letting me stay with you, and a special thank you to Ande for sacrificing her bedroom me.

After the funeral our scrap book retreat friends got together for lunch. It was so nice together and enjoy each others company. I wish we could get together more often, because I really enjoy being around my friends. It wasn't the same without Darla, she wasn't feeling well so she couldn't make it. Hope you are feeling better!

At Cynthia's funeral her friends & husband spoke about how much fun Cynthia was, and her husband started his remarks with all of us reaching underneath the pew in front us for an envelop. It contained a gift certificate for Cynthia's favorite restaurant. When I called home I relayed that I loved that idea, and wanted that to be included at my funeral. When I was asked which restaurant was my favorite, I told them I would have to get back to them. Anyway, the funeral service was good and reminded us of the good qualities that Cynthia represented and celebrated. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Next I am onto Leavenworth to meet up with my friends - Sandy, Sonja & Harriet (Sandy's Mom). We had planned on this trip to attend the play "The Sound of Music". It was wonderful, I would encourage anyone that likes "The Sound of Music" to attend. It is located on the ski hills of Leavenworth, it seemed like we were actually in the Austria Alps. When Maria comes out singing from the actual hills -it was awesome. It was under the stars on a beautiful evening, at one point the frogs & crickets were singing so loud that I thought if they get much louder they would have to turn up the microphones. Needless to say, the frogs & crickets did settle down. I think it made it even more endearing. It was so much fun to be with Sonja, Sandy & Harriet!

I got home just in time to attend a Wedding Open House. And of course more friends and celebrations!

I feel so blessed and thankful that I have such wonderful friends.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Mom you had such a busy weekend! I am glad that you got to see all of your friends on the eastside. I wish I could have been there I love those amazing women!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Donna it was so fun to be with you this weekend. Thanks for making time for us.

The play sounds wonderful. Next year. Next year.

Ande said...

Donna I'm so glad you came so see us and chatted with us. You can sleep in my awful bed anytime because then I have an excuse not to!

Heather @ Multiple Hats said...

Donna-It was great to see you - even though it wasn't under the best circumstances. Thanks for driving all that way, and for a fun lunch. This group of ladies can put a ray of light into the dreariest day, can't they??