Sunday, August 3, 2008

Count Your Blessings!



Today at church for our Relief Society lesson the teacher saw a bumper sticker that read
GET RICH QUICK
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
It made me think of all the blessings I have and I would have to list my family as my number 1 on my list of blessings. I love it when we get all together. Now that our children are adults and have lives of their own, and live elsewhere. We don't get together very often. So I count my blessings when I do get to see them. Also, today to start out the class we sang the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings". I love to sing that song and all of it's verses, it reminds me that when I am discouraged and thinking all is lost. I need to count my blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. I need to remember to see what God hath done. I am thankful that I can count my family as my #1 blessing.

4 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Thanks for the reminder Donna! That's a great picture of your family.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Donna, you made me feel so incredible. Thank you for sending the little gifts to me. It felt terrific being remembered. You are a blessing in my life and I'm counting it. Thank you, thank you.

Nicole said...

I agree Mom! Carrie's lesson got me counting too! I don't know if I can actually count as high as my blessings go! Love you!

Amanda said...

hey donna, i was wondering if you were the one who made those green peppermint things we had the crop on saturday?! they were pretty much amazing and i was wondering if you were the one who made them, if i could get the recipe? if not that's ok i thought i'd ask.