This is an experience that I had to share with all of you. We (my friend & her boys visiting from Alaska at her Mom’s) spotted the Hot Air Balloon drifting toward us, and we were all hoping that we could get a closer look (this was the my first hot air balloon spotting this Summer).Our wish was granted as it did get much closer, and we also witnessed a perfectly executed “splash and dash” a planned maneuver where the basket briefly touches down up to a foot into the water and then quickly ascends, and sometimes the passengers will even get their feet wet. I am sure these passengers got their feet wet, as I could see the gallons on water pouring out of the basket as they were gaining attitude.
How is that for exciting ride?
4 comments:
Oh Donna, you live such an exciting life. You got to meet Mona, you get to see a hot air balloon close up ... what other fun stuff do you do that you're not telling us?
http://stampinwithanita.com
Wow! That is a way cool pic, Mom! Oh the fun things you get to see. Tell Cindy and the boys hi for me. Also, Velora too! I miss them.
Oh wow! Aren't you glad you had your camera with you and ready to snap away? I sure miss spottng the hot air balloons in the summer time! It is just one of the many things that say "NW Washington summer" to me!
Awesome pic!
Post a Comment