I know that all of you are anxiously waiting for Detective Donna to report on my investigative findings. After interviewing some of the locals and using modern technology - here is what I found out about Mona the Camel. Here on the island she is considered a local celebrity, and has become a stop on the tourist trail. In fact, the neighboring San Juan Vineyard has named a wine after her. She has acquired the taste for different kinds of fruits that include oranges, and blackberries. (Who knew?) When asked a local how she came to find her home on San Juan Island, they assumed she arrived by ferry. (I kind of figured that on my own.) She apparently retired from a petting zoo back east, and came to find her home here. She is not a spitting kind of camel, as you can see that I found she loves the attention from her human friends and her nose is so very soft. If you noticed that I mentioned that I used some modern technology, that would be "google". Apparently, I am not the first one to blog about Mona (that was a little disappointing since I thought I was being so original. ) Now whenever I drive by Mona's home I'm always on the lookout to see if I can get a look at my new island friend. That is the rest of the story.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
The Rest of the Story
I know that all of you are anxiously waiting for Detective Donna to report on my investigative findings. After interviewing some of the locals and using modern technology - here is what I found out about Mona the Camel. Here on the island she is considered a local celebrity, and has become a stop on the tourist trail. In fact, the neighboring San Juan Vineyard has named a wine after her. She has acquired the taste for different kinds of fruits that include oranges, and blackberries. (Who knew?) When asked a local how she came to find her home on San Juan Island, they assumed she arrived by ferry. (I kind of figured that on my own.) She apparently retired from a petting zoo back east, and came to find her home here. She is not a spitting kind of camel, as you can see that I found she loves the attention from her human friends and her nose is so very soft. If you noticed that I mentioned that I used some modern technology, that would be "google". Apparently, I am not the first one to blog about Mona (that was a little disappointing since I thought I was being so original. ) Now whenever I drive by Mona's home I'm always on the lookout to see if I can get a look at my new island friend. That is the rest of the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you just google Mona the camel? I knew you were a googler... love you! Nicole
P.S. I googled Mona the Camel! I was shocked by the results!
Oh so funny Donna! That you would go and pet it too? Way to go the extra mile in the pursuit of the story! Awesome!
Mom!! Camels are very dirty animals at time. I sure hope you washed your hands after petting a ... pet camel? hmmm... That was definitely a sentence I never thought I was going to say out loud.
Tag Donna! You're it! See my blog for details : ) loving the camel story... : )
Post a Comment