Not only do I have many friends birthdays in March, but have many family members too.There is my Grandma's 91st birthday, an uncle, mother-in-law and my dear husband Rayme's 50th birthday, and those are the ones I remember.
Lesson learned - if you are not a good liar, you should not host a surprise party. Therefore, I will not attempt to throw a surprise party again. Oh, don't get me wrong - please invite me to be a guest (I can keep a secret if I don't see the guest of honor to close to the celebration).
As I mentioned it was Rayme's 50th birthday and it was on a weekday (not the best day to throw a party) and with his shift work it causes a some difficulty to try to schedule a party. A little celebration was in order since it was his 50th. Just invite a few close friends because of the tricky scheduling, and the more I invited the more chances he would not be surprised, and our house space is limited. The theme was picked out as a result of him planning my funeral (I was sick a few weeks ago - nothing serious) and he decided a "Cowboy" theme would be great fun at my funeral. Anyway, since I wanted to beat him at this own game. I decided that if he had a "Cowboy" theme, he couldn't use that theme for my funeral. Ok- this was a very in depth conversation about my funeral planning (maybe I should write it for another post). I had it planned cowboy pizza (his favorite), cowboy cookies, cowboy napkins, found some plastic barbed wire, and everyone donned cowboy hats and bandanna's. But, he knew all about his party because he quizzed me, integrated me and came right out and asked me if I had a surprise planned, and then was I surprised when he came out to greet me after I came home from town with all of his party goodies. Nicole warned me that I probably couldn't pull off a surprise party and she was right. I will not be planning any surprise parties anytime soon.
Happy Birthday to all of you that have a birthday this month.
1 comment:
Thank you Mom. I am glad you have made your monthly post and just in time April is nearly here.
Post a Comment