I love weekends! Why are weekends so fun?
For me it means a different schedule and having more time to enjoy the things I love.
Last weekend Rayme and I were able to attend our work picnic. We were asked to help with the food which involved BBQ-ing the burgers & hot dogs. It was fun to see our co-workers and meet their family and seeing everyone having a good time.
The drive up to Silver Lake was like going down memory lane. I remember as a child our family would go to Silver Lake to visit my parents friends. They had a wonderful rustic cabin at the end of the Lake and our family tradition was to go there and camp on Labor Day weekend.
I recall that my sister learned to water ski at the lake.
The reason I explained it was a rustic cabin, at the time it didn't have plumbing. Which means that they had an outhouse. Using the facilities during the day wasn't really that bad, but when it was dark that is a different story. With flashlight in hand and the all courage I could muster, when nature called during the night I ventured out to use the facility. Upon my return I was surprised to find an animal on my way back. I was sure I spotted a bear, but knew that shining my flashlight at it wasn't in my best interest. It must have heard me and ran off. The next morning I reported to my parents that I saw a bear on my night hike. To this day, they think I saw the families big dog. Big dog or bear I am glad that I had already visited the outhouse. Memories...I love the days we went to Silver Lake.
1 comment:
I am sure it was a bear..maybe a bear in tennis shoes. Get it you saw a bear..in Tennis shoes.. anyway, Dad looks good in his apron!
Post a Comment