Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Scrapbook Retreat Creation

This last weekend I attended a Scrapbook Retreat, and I had a great time! Thanks Deb & Jane you do such a wonderful job. It was so fun to see my friends, and this time my daughter was able to attend too. This is a first for her to attend a retreat and I was so glad for her to finally meet all my scrappy buddies. As always the time flew by, but I was able to manage to make my rounds to visit and make this beach scrapbook. I used a chipboard "beach" album and added some acrylic pages so I could add more pictures. This was an "out of the box" experience! I used paint on the edges and cut the acrylic to match the letters. So much fun and I learn so much too from these retreats. Can't wait until November!!!

8 comments:

tina said...

That is the most fabulous creatation! Great job! So glad you started a blog, although I lurk most of the time too - that's about all the time I have is to peak at a blog or two every couple of days!

Darla said...

Donna,
It was awesome!!!! I loved it!!
Will you do mine for me :)


And I love your new blog...

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Welcome to the blog world! This is Emerson, Nicole's old roommate! I hope that you are doing well!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Donna! hey you have a blog now : ) I have to say that I'm really drooling over that book you made...TOTALLY ROCKS! I'm going to link to you : ) Love, Jenn

~Sugar n Pop~ said...

Now you need to come to Tillamook to add our wonderful beaches to the pages of your scrapbook!
Dave and I have beeen checking out all the beaches up and down the coast. I'll send you some $5000 octopus kite pictures. That's right $5000 or 3 for $1450.
Love ya...Maybe I'll do the blog thing one of these days:)
Gramma Sugar aka: Your Friend Karen~

Michelle said...

Love this book - where did you get the clear acrylic for the other pages??

Donna Chapin said...

I bought the acrylic at my favorite scrapbook store - Treasury of Memories in Bellingham, WA

Musicmom-Amy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!